Tunstall was the first to develop alarm systems for older people and has continued to lead the market ever since. With a team of almost 3,000 employees operating in 17 countries across the world, Tunstall works with health professionals and social care providers daily, to provide support to help manage long term health conditions and provide person-centred care.
Tunstall has pioneered the use of technology to enable independent living, supporting more than five million people and their families across the world. Through our regional response centres this enables us to develop digital solutions that enhance independent living and improve efficiencies in clinical care.
Salary – £18,135
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
· Up to 9% combined pension contribution
· 25 days holidays + bank holidays
· Free eye tests
· Cycle to work scheme
· Retails discounts
· Subsidised canteen
· Free car parking
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us at Tunstall as a Customer Support Officer
Main Purpose of Role:
The Customer Support Officer is responsible for a range of duties encompassing call handling and administering engineers’ daily activities.
The Customer Support Officer takes a variety of incoming calls ranging from fault reports to general enquiries. It is their responsibility to handle these calls in a timely and professional manner, bringing the calls to a successful conclusion in line with the Customer Satisfaction Centre’s key performance indicator targets, processes, and procedures.
The Customer Support Officer is also responsible for efficiently and effectively allocating work to field engineers based on resource availability, ensuring work is responded to within contractual Service Level Agreements.
Principal tasks and responsibilities:
- Working within a team of 20 CSO’s handling an average of 7500 incoming calls each month from local authorities and councils reporting faulty equipment, chasing existing work, requesting new installations and general enquiries.
- Meeting departmental KPI’s: > 80% calls answered in 30 seconds, < 2% calls abandoned, average call duration < 3.5 minutes, call quality results 95% or above.
- Ensuring all requests are logged on an in-house ERP system with correct and accurate information.
- Coordinating engineer leave requests and creating daily and on-call working rosters based on availability.
- Ensuring at least 85% of requests are responded to within SLA by efficiently and effectively planning the engineer resource and workload.
- Liaising with third parties where subcontract labour is used for specialist work or in remote areas of the UK.
- Creating preventative maintenance visit schedules and booking appointments in line with contractual obligations.
- Utilising an appointment booking system to manage the attendance of engineers to Managed Service requests, return visits and visits where access restrictions are in place.
- Exception handling of service visits, progressing them to completion.
- Administration including processing an average of 4500 emails each month.
- Producing quotations for chargeable work.
- Obtaining order numbers and invoicing chargeable works, contributing to an annual invoicing target of £3.5 - £4 million.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Flexible and approachable work manner, with the ability to work rotating shift patterns Monday – Sunday 07:00am – 19:00pm.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal efficiently and professionally with all customers.
- A clear and friendly telephone voice.
- Excellent communication skills with a good level of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work alone or part of a team.
- Experienced and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
· Previous demonstrable call centre/contact centre experience.
· Knowledge of BaaN ERP, Fieldforce IQ and the Cognito operating system.
· Knowledge of Tunstall products and services.
· A recognised customer service qualification.
The Customer Satisfaction Centre is a very hectic environment. The products and services that Tunstall provides enables freedom and peace of mind to people who may not be able to live independently without them. When there is a problem customer can sometimes be very emotional, irate and difficult to handle. The Customer Support Officer must be prepared to expect these types of calls and handle them in a calm and professional manner, escalating any appropriate calls as necessary.